Leviathan Wakes, by James S.A. Corey

qdony's review against another edition

Caliban's War passa a ser la seqüela que espero amb més ganes (amb l'excepció del següent a la cançó de gel i foc de GRRM).

qdony's review against another edition

Vale, le veo más la costuras que la primera vez que lo leí, en algunos aspectos la relectura no le sienta bien, pero... me lo he vuelto a pasar pipa y lo dejo con muchas ganas de seguir con la saga. O sea, que lo de la primera vez no fue casualidad.

kornspitz's review against another edition

adventurous funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced

sm_almon's review against another edition

Absolutely loved this book - fascinating and moving! Straight on to book 2 in the series...

elturko64's review against another edition

Easily one of the greatest science fiction books I've read. The scope of the novel is crazy. There are elements of noir and horror that blend in perfectly with the story. Even the character's are really drawn out. I saw no flaws in this book. It's a masterpiece, go read it.

_head_full_of_books_'s review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

oldmantito's review against another edition

adventurous fast-paced

sinnylong's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious medium-paced

rouver's review against another edition

If you at all have any interest in sci-fi, pick this one up. It's a thick tome, but it's definitely a page turner. I can't wait to read the next in the series (please let the series be complete!)

It tells the story from two points of view: a cop born & raised without ever having seen a sky above him and an earth-born XO on a ship that hauls water to the Belt. Earth has expanded; we're on space stations, Mars, moons, and asteroids. But like humanity from the beginning of time, we bicker among ourselves & find ways to splinter into different groups. Race & skin color don't seem to matter much any more, but where you're born in the solar system does. People who grow up seeing sky are different from those who have to be aware of how dependent they are upon others for their very air and water. Interestingly, this book does an excellent job of following the experiences of two people as they intertwine & also how they impact the larger story that unfolds around them. While not directly involved with a war that's been on a slow burn up til now, they find themselves at key pressure points that nudge events in ways that will impact all of humanity.

I also found it interesting how the author explored two different ways of thinking that we as a society struggle with: is it best to reveal all secrets to the masses & expect them to make educated, intelligent decisions, or do we hide information, assuming the masses are uneducated, stupid & too quick to judge?

An all-around fantastic piece of sci-fi.

madameroyale's review against another edition

SpoilerI can’t believe they actually did what I wanted and killed Miller! What a fucking useless caricature he was, though I did enjoy this book and will be picking up the second.