Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck

hannahcolechin22's review against another edition

emotional informative reflective sad medium-paced

chapter88's review against another edition

emotional

linzreadssd's review against another edition

Masterpiece. Incredibly readable. Read it in about an hour.

kslhersam's review against another edition

I had no idea what this book was about, and there certainly weren't any mice. I'm not quite sure what to think of this. It deals with a mentally unstable man who keeps making mistakes with his strength. This is definitely a book that would lead to good discussion. It's also one of the shorter classics I've read.

Sadly some of my children read this, based on list of Classics I made them this summer, before I read it first! I would not recommend for children under maybe 14 or 15. Some very real adult concepts in here; whore houses are mentioned, as well as bad language.

bibliophilebriana's review against another edition

sad medium-paced

harrystyleslovebot's review against another edition

i usually hate books that i have to read for class but this one kept me interested the whole time and was very good and also sad. last line said by carlson is very powerful, reinforcing what george would always tell lennie about how guys like them are alone and don’t understand what it’s like to have connection.

morgansbooks's review against another edition

dark sad tense slow-paced

collen_vargas's review against another edition

dark emotional reflective medium-paced

s00lene's review against another edition

emotional sad fast-paced

nyxze's review against another edition

I really, really liked this book. When I first finished it, I was sad that it was so short, but looking back on it, the length is perfect. There are, of course, outdated ideals presented in this book. I would highly recommend those who don't particularly read classics to read this from length and language alone, as for me personally, it was quite easy to understand.