threegoodrats's review against another edition

My review is here.

glhensler87's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional informative mysterious sad tense fast-paced

shannonlipp's review against another edition

dark emotional informative reflective sad tense medium-paced

wsking's review against another edition

challenging dark informative reflective medium-paced

vpardew's review against another edition

dark emotional informative mysterious sad tense slow-paced

white people continue to be the WORST

mcc's review against another edition

informative sad

I am glad the Osage people's story is being told as it is horrifying and heartbreaking - I thought this would be more of a 'mystery' type of suspense novel, but the sad truth is that these murders were not cleverly done or covered up - the cover up was just in the absolute lack of carrying out of justice by the white-powered system for the Osage nation. As interesting as this story was though, I, the writing of the book was not as gripping as it could/should have been - so less than 3 star writing for a 5 star time story.

camiboha's review against another edition

dark informative sad medium-paced

oxnard_montalvo's review against another edition

A very descriptive, almost novelistic recounting of the Osage murders. Emotional and harrowing; the perpetrators would befriend and even marry their victims, have full lives with them. Have and raise children with husbands and wives they would slowly poison. I always hestitate when 'evil' is portrayed as this extraordinary, and unfathomable course of action that is outside true human experience. It isn't 'other'; it is all too ordinary. Monsters don't perpetuate evil, people do. And stories like this one hammer home the lengths people will go to for the sake of their greed and ambition.

selimath's review against another edition

dark informative mysterious tense medium-paced

hillarylynch's review

challenging informative reflective tense medium-paced