Drop Shot, by Martine Leconte, Harlan Coben

chfugal's review

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

Audio library
Like Myron, not sure if I like jessica.

alderblack's review

fast-paced

scrollsofdragons's review

mysterious medium-paced

stricker's review

funny tense fast-paced

kirstinbrie's review

I enjoyed the overall premise of this book - the story was well constructed, the mystery was intriguing but not too far-fetched, and the setting was unique. However, the book has not aged well - Myron Bolitar and the narrator try their hardest to seem modern and progressive, but end up seeming out-of-date and out-of-touch.

shivers_g's review

A very predictable book, had figured out what happened about a 3rd of the way through the book

cwebb's review

Fun overall read. former top athlete, former fed, now sports agent Myron Bolitar uncovers a crime. Lots of little jokes, I like the setting in the sports world.

clambook's review

Great car book. First Myron Bolitar for wife -- she liked the wiseguyness of it, and the hard-to-guess plot.

ibeforem's review

Myron Bolitar is a pretty interesting guy — a sarcastic ex-athlete-law-school-grad-turned-sports-agent who used to work with the government, has a sociopathic best friend (who I always picture as the young James Spader playing Steff in Pretty in Pink), and now lives in his parents’ basement and plays basketball with the neighborhood kids (when his on-again/off-again girlfriend is out of town). Who comes up with this stuff? Apparently, Harlan Coben does. This series has a lighter edge that his stand-alone novels do not, and Coben does his usual great job of weaving an interesting tale. I did have a key piece of the mystery figured out about 3/4 of the way through, but the final whodunnit was definitely a surprise. This is a series I’ll stick with.

thiefofcamorr's review

Eugh, tennis. Figured this one out too easily, and I'm not usually one who can.