Chain of Gold, by Cassandra Clare

eshal_mahmud's review against another edition

I love Cassandra Clare and I've read almost all of her books and this one has to be one of my top three favorites. I love the characters and the plot is well thought out too.

jelam135's review against another edition

adventurous emotional mysterious fast-paced

abigailwantstoread_01's review against another edition

adventurous dark medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

ananascanread's review against another edition

All the [b:Great Expectations|2623|Great Expectations|Charles Dickens|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1327920219l/2623._SY75_.jpg|2612809] references! Loved them all!
Great Expectations is one of my favorites of all time, and to read a fantasy YA novel that is so inspired by Dickins work it's enchanting.

Absolutely love the characters and how Cassandra Clare manages to break my heart into tiny little pieces, over and over again. Nonetheless, I am always here for it!

sameeksha_4457's review against another edition

*Chef's kiss*

kaja2004's review against another edition

Wonderful book, although I didn't expect anything else from C.C. In the beginning I had a few issues telling who is related to who and who loves who, but I caught up fast. And the best thing: more Wessa content! Especially the short story, in the end, got me wanting to reread TID

riasbookcorner's review against another edition

(3.5)

juliejanisbooks's review against another edition

Oh my goodness! My heart! This book was so incredible! I believe I especially loved it after rereading the Infernal Devices! I loved seeing the characters I loved before and reading about their children's adventures. The plot was intriguing, but what really got me were the characters! I loved the friendships they all had and each of their unique personalities and quirks together.

Cordelia is perhaps one of my favorite main characters now! Not only is she strong, brave, and basically every quality one would want in a female character, but she's also kind, selfless, and loyal which I admire SO MUCH in characters! Those qualities alone instantly make me like them so much!

I'm very interested in James and Lucie as well with the special abilities they have with ghosts and demons. Their stories and arcs are complex and interesting, and I am SO CURIOUS to know what will happen in the next book! How can I wait a while year?!

If anyone is wanting to pick up this book but hasn't read any of the other Shadowhunter books, I highly recommend you read The Infernal Devices before this book or else you will be majorly spoiled going into this book. Plus, this book makes references to the Infernal Devices that are fun to pick out.

So anyway, super solid story and can't wait for the next book!

theclockworkbook1's review against another edition