Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow, by Jessica Townsend

archerkel's review against another edition

I've enjoyed this series thus far and look forward to the next installment.

diana_reads_and_reads's review against another edition

I didn’t like this quite as well as the other two, although it was still very good. It was a little clunky in places. It was hard to read something so true to my experience of the pandemic as well—the racist attitudes and not caring if people in a different class than you are suffering and dying. They should just stay home and let us live our lives! Based on the publication date, a lot of that hadn’t even happened or hadn’t happened at all yet when Townsend wrote this, so it shows a prescience that is sad. I would have liked more of the supporting characters in this book as well.

kingadrienne's review against another edition

This was probably a little longer than necessary, honestly. But the whole series is so delightful and charming.
I just heard there’s a Fourth book coming and I’m looking forward to more adventures of Morrigan Crow and company.

amandamartinelli's review against another edition

3.5/5
Good read. Pretty long for a MG. I look forward to the next installment.

emilys_pageturners's review against another edition

Yet again an amazing book! This one, just like those before, kept me reading and guessing what would happen next. The writing style is great and the plot amazing. I love all the characters in this book, they have all such great personalities and they sometimes make me laugh and cry. The plot is amazing and there were so many plot twists I didn't see coming.
I can't wait until the next book comes out. Unfortunately I have to wait a bit until it releases.

mythicreads's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

lisam's review against another edition

I could not adore this series more. The magic and the worldbuilding (so many surprises and delights still, three books in!) were such a delicious escape in this terrible year - and the fact that that could be true in a book about a terrifying epidemic and also race and also questions of leadership and whom to trust ... truly magnificent.

Morrigan’s story gets darker here, which is a little nerve wracking, but I trust Jessica Townsend so wholly and will go wherever she takes us.

Small but scrumptious note: librarian friends will get a special thrill out of this particular book, I think.

queen_kitty's review against another edition

What am I going to do without another Nevermoor book to read after this one? :’( What a fantastic and magical series, I cannot recommend it enough, and I’m dyinngggg to know what happens next!!

georgeanna_'s review against another edition

Dare I say I like this series better than Harry Potter? I wish more than anything I had found this book and series when I was younger. It balances adrenaline, mystery, magic, and twists with a coziness that feels like being wrapped in a fluffy duvet.

I’m a big fan. The next book needs to be released soon.

the_one_krissy's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced