Reviews tagging Sexual assault

Midnight Sun, by Stephenie Meyer

unloveliest's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense medium-paced

ashleyvharris's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional sad tense slow-paced

God. This book ruined me. I knew that reading from Edward’s perspective was going to be mentally taxing, but this was almost painful at times. His constant inner turmoil over his romantic feelings and bloodlust for Bella was like a tidal wave that refuses to let you come up for air; every time he had a gentle, pure thought, it was marred by his agony.

Although his narration lines up closely with what I’d imagined of Edward during the original saga, it confirms that his mind is an unbearable place to be.
For all the depression, angst, and agony, there were some truly sweet moments that were worth reading from his perspective. His description of the joy he felt after confessing everything to Bella was so sweet and endearing. Not to mention his humor surrounding Bella and her “suitors”.

And look, I know he can’t read her mind like everyone else, but he is so dumb for a vampire.  He was confused by every thought Bella ever had. How has this man been alive over a century and he doesn’t understand the physical cues of human attraction?

My absolute favorite thing about this book was the new scenes of the Cullen family and their perspective on events from Twilight. The way that Emmett was so immediately protective of Bella despite Rosalie’s anger toward her? Heartwarming. The way Jasper wanted to be around Edward and Bella because of how strong and enjoyable their emotions were? Adorable.

If you’re wondering what scene ruined me most thoroughly? Edward’s internal explanation for taking her to prom. Destroyed me. Highly recommend if you’re a masochist :)

chloevienna's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny reflective sad tense medium-paced

i know this is a star above average but i am an absolute whore for twilight and always have been

cdt96's review against another edition

challenging dark funny slow-paced

Though a great addition to the saga, Edwards constant self loathing becomes tedious. Overall though a good read, took some time to gain progress as it's slow to start. Having not read the books since 2010, the return to the twilight universe was nostalgic and warm.

er1nmoore's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective tense medium-paced

nandakandabooks's review against another edition

slow-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

selda's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective sad slow-paced

If you liked the twilight series then give it a go. I can’t see many people who didn’t reading this. It was dark and lingered with melancholy everywhere. Her writing still shines through at times but I have to admit it wasn’t as good as I had been hoping for. Edward still has some deeply romantic lines/thoughts (I mean ‘Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world’ hello?!?!!!!).

I can’t help but wonder if she struggled with the latter half and felt she had to finish it. Still I would love it if she continued with alternating povs from the Cullens, at least for New Moon since I can just imagine Edward’s despair in that book would be too much. I know that’s just a dream though!

yeosang's review against another edition

emotional medium-paced

veritatisamator's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced