Reviews tagging Toxic relationship

Midnight Sun, by Stephenie Meyer

unloveliest's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense medium-paced

ashleyvharris's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional sad tense slow-paced

God. This book ruined me. I knew that reading from Edward’s perspective was going to be mentally taxing, but this was almost painful at times. His constant inner turmoil over his romantic feelings and bloodlust for Bella was like a tidal wave that refuses to let you come up for air; every time he had a gentle, pure thought, it was marred by his agony.

Although his narration lines up closely with what I’d imagined of Edward during the original saga, it confirms that his mind is an unbearable place to be.
For all the depression, angst, and agony, there were some truly sweet moments that were worth reading from his perspective. His description of the joy he felt after confessing everything to Bella was so sweet and endearing. Not to mention his humor surrounding Bella and her “suitors”.

And look, I know he can’t read her mind like everyone else, but he is so dumb for a vampire.  He was confused by every thought Bella ever had. How has this man been alive over a century and he doesn’t understand the physical cues of human attraction?

My absolute favorite thing about this book was the new scenes of the Cullen family and their perspective on events from Twilight. The way that Emmett was so immediately protective of Bella despite Rosalie’s anger toward her? Heartwarming. The way Jasper wanted to be around Edward and Bella because of how strong and enjoyable their emotions were? Adorable.

If you’re wondering what scene ruined me most thoroughly? Edward’s internal explanation for taking her to prom. Destroyed me. Highly recommend if you’re a masochist :)

ailish's review against another edition

dark slow-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A

I was a huge Twihard as a teenager, this is definitely a must read for the fans. The reason I gave it 3 stars was because upon reading this I realised how possessive Edward was! I feel like the book was a bit long too, I was really looking forward to reading it to re-live my Twilight phase but it dragged on a bit personally :/

rakizaka's review against another edition

dark tense slow-paced

tantheman's review against another edition

adventurous dark sad slow-paced

feuchtitive's review against another edition

challenging slow-paced

This book is awful. I hated every second of this read. This book added nothing to the twilight story to make it any better or interesting.

ruthiedr89's review against another edition

emotional tense medium-paced

midnightbelles's review against another edition

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

I absolutely loved the twilight books when I read them years ago so I thought I’d give this one a try. I really struggled to get through this despite my love for twilight, but that could just be because I don’t particularly like reading in first person (I also couldn’t  connect with Edward). It generally was a recount of twilight but in his perspective so no complaints there since I enjoyed twilight and it was nice to get some insight into his thoughts and compare them to Bella’s. However some moments I thought were stalkerish/creepy or I just didn’t care about what he was thinking (I wanted to know about everyone else) 😅. I also felt that the story dragged in some instances.  Overall it was a decent read although I probably wouldn’t read it again.

alexandriasreads's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

victoria_lucas_2006's review against another edition