Starts: Saturday, 01 January 2022
Ends: Saturday, 31 December 2022
We had lots of great feedback from last year's challenge, with readers telling us it really helped them branch out of their comfort zones. For this year we've come up with 10 brand new genre-based prompts to hopefully do the same again!
For 2022, we decided on an even split between fiction and non-fiction genres. This way, it will be just as interesting for folks who read mainly fiction and those who read mainly non-fiction - there's something in here for everybody!
1. A romance novel by a Black author (316 books added)
2. An essay collection by a new-to-you author (521 books added)
3. A classic by an author of colour (396 books added)
4. A memoir or autobiography by a trans/non-binary author (189 books added)
5. A play published after 1980 (239 books added)
6. A non-fiction book about nature (442 books added)
7. A cosy mystery novel (516 books added)
8. A true crime book by a woman (264 books added)
9. A contemporary or literary fiction novel by an Indigenous author (221 books added)
10. A book about politics outside of your home country (467 books added)