The StoryGraph Onboarding 2020 Reading Challenge
Hosted by thestorygraph
1902 participants, 3889 books added
Starts: Wednesday, 01 January 2020
Ends: Thursday, 31 December 2020
The StoryGraph is still in beta and so developing the onboarding flow for a new user isn’t our priority just yet. However, we do want everyone to be aware of all of the fun features we have on offer.
Editor, Librarian, and reading challenge enthusiast, Tam (if you’re a polyglot, definitely check out her Second Language challenge), came up with the genius idea of developing a reading challenge to help people explore the site.
And so that’s what we’ve done.
Below you’ll find 12 prompts that’ll help you play around with different features on the site. If you complete the challenge you’ll have a good sense of everything The StoryGraph has to offer and be well-placed to provide feedback to help us improve the website.
And for when you do have feedback, either drop us an email or click on the ‘Help’ button below on the bottom-right of your screen.
Have fun exploring!
1. Read a book that you find using the filter that has three moods attached to it (460 books added)
3. Read a book that you discovered on our Community page (332 books added)
4. Read a book that someone suggested for any of the Reading Women Challenge prompts (234 books added)
If you go onto the Reading Women Challenge page and click one of the prompts, you’ll see all the books that participants have added to that challenge.
Don’t feel like reading any of the books suggested for any of the prompts? Join the challenge and add a book to a prompt yourself!
5. Reread one of your five-star reads (374 books added)
Can you find where your five-star reads are listed?
If you don’t have any five-star reads, reread a book that comes close.
Or if you don’t feel like rereading, choose a five-star read from somebody else in the community.
6. Read a book that exactly fits another member’s preferred book (246 books added)
On the profile page, each person has a short paragraph that describes to you the kind of book they like, including the moods, page number, pace, and whether the book is fiction or nonfiction.
Find a book that matches every single characteristic of any user that you choose.
Make sure that your chosen user doesn’t read exactly the same sorts of books you do!
7. Read a book that you’d normally want to remove from the Browse Books page (297 books added)
This prompt is to help you try something new!
On the Browse Books page if you see a book or author you’re not interested in, you can hit one of the little cross signs so we don’t show you those books ever again when you’re filtering. (These books will still show up if you do a direct search.)
8. Read one of your 5 oldest To-Read books (398 books added)
9. Read a book corresponding to your most-preferred mood (539 books added)
10. Read a book corresponding to your least-preferred mood (373 books added)
11. Read a book somebody else on the site marked as DNF (164 books added)
'DNF' stands for Did Not Finish and on The StoryGraph, if you start reading a book and decide it’s not for you, you can accurately reflect that you stopped reading the book!
The list of books a user did not finish can be found via their Books Read page. And not everyone has a DNF list!
12. Read a book reviewed by either Tam or Nadia, the challenge hosts (137 books added)