A review by readwithlissanne
The Sun Is Also a Star, by Nicola Yoon

I read this after I'd decided to go the movie and I couldn't be happier that I made the decision to read the book first.

This book is great if you enjoy contemporaries (if not, don't even start it). It's perfect for those sunny days where you do nothing but lounge in the sun and read.

I liked the characters, I didn't love them. And maybe that's why I gave this book only 4/5 stars. The story as a whole was very enjoyable and pleasant to read, but I couldn't connect with the characters as much as I would've liked.
I also had to get used to the way Nicola Yoon uses her chapters. They're usually very short, and sometimes you suddenly read a little about the history of hair and what it symbolizes. I liked those little chapters. I also liked that she got back to one particular short chapter in the Epilogue, because I was well and truly shocked to read about that certain character.

In short, I highly recommend it if you enjoy reading contemporaries and you want to story about two polar opposites falling in love.