A review by esotericelixir
Get It Right, by Skye Kilaen

Get It Right was a sweet f/f romance novella between a butch lesbian parole and a pretty, curvaceous nurse.

The author provides content warnings at the beginning of the book (which is greatly appreciated!), these include but aren't limited to): reflection on negative prison experiences including delay of medical care, housing insecurity and prospect of living with homophobic parents, unintended pregnancy (and surrounding discussions)

The amount of rep in this book was beautiful and it didn't feel forced one bit. At first I was a bit concerned over whether the relationship between two people who originally met while one was in prison and the other was their nurse would feel predatory however Kilaen managed to cover this off with enough time and awareness between the characters to make it work.

I really enjoyed the romance and thought the way the characters treated each other was very sweet. I'm definitely interested in reading further works from Kilean.

Thank you to the author for providing an advance review copy in exchange for an honest review.