A review by allonsythornraxx
A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny tense medium-paced

04/02/2021
4 ⭐
This book is so addicting it hurts and once again I am hit like a fucking avalanche by how much i love Nesta.

03/11/2020
4 ⭐
I just... I don't even know what to say at this point. Y'all have truly bamboozled me with this series. The most common thing I have heard about this series, and this book in particular, is how it's endless smut. But it's not??? There's some at the start of the book and then chapter 55 SJM went OFF but that's pretty much it. Honestly, this is a really interesting story featuring a main character dealing with ptsd and possibly other mental health issues (it read as depression to me) while also having to fight in a war to save a world she's only just become a part of, as well as the world she was forced to leave behind. It's a really quick read with, in my opinion, really well-written characters and I already can't wait to pick up book 3!

Trigger Warnings: Past Trauma & PTSD, Mental Abuse, Holding someone against their will, Thoughts about suicide (on-page), Suicidal thoughts, Whipping (off page), Physical and mental abuse (past), Mistreatment of children, Violence, Death, Murder, Discussions about rape, Rape (past)