emotional mysterious tense medium-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? A mix
- Strong character development? It's complicated
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
I enjoyed this book for the most part. The story was good, though the over-descriptiveness of everything got to be a bit much. Also, I figured out some parts of the mystery about halfway through the book. It was still an excellent read though. I liked the spiciness of the romance, though very spicy for YA. The world-building was excellent, as was the depth of the mythology.
Graphic: Blood, Alcohol, and Sexual content