A review by kaitybest
Arrival Stories: Women Share Their Experiences of Becoming Mothers, by Christy Turlington Burns, Amy Schumer

I'm a sucker for birth stories and anthologies about motherhood. I loved the intention behind this collection and the focus on addressing maternal health outcomes, particularly for women of color. That being said, I struggled a little with some of the stories. Nearly all of the women featured have significant wealth and/or celebrity status. The financial ramifications of birthing a child were barely discussed, which I find to be a crucial missed opportunity. For someone to lament about the trials of motherhood (legitimate as they may be) in the same sentence they share that they had a night nurse and nanny was pretty unrelatable and not reflective of the "typical" parenting experience.

All of that said, I did like that the multitude of ways in which a person can arrive at motherhood were spotlighted and no two stories were alike.