A review by anovelglimpse
Catastrophe Queen, by Emma Hart

Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Catastrophe Queen was a breath of fresh air. Everything about it was amusing and delightful. Mallory was an accident waiting to happen. The things that she did or happened to her were hilarious. Her attitude about it all cracked me up. I loved that Cameron wasn’t put off by her ability to make an easy task a hazardous one. The way he embraced her chaos (professionally and personally) was sweet.

Heck, the entire story was sweet. Mallory and Cameron’s relationship had a natural progression to it. I adored them together. There wasn’t any over the top drama — unless you count Mallory’s catastrophes or her crazy relatives. I appreciated that. I didn’t have to worry about a huge problem between the characters. It was simply a fun, romantic read.

I mentioned Mallory’s relatives so I need to talk more about them. Her family was hilarious. I loved her freaky mom and quiet dad. I adored her crazy great-aunt and argumentative grandpa. They were so much fun! Mallory wasn’t the only one with relatives who stood out either. Cameron’s mother was just as meddlesome. I loved them all. The book would have been missing something big without them all.

Catastrophe Queen was simply an entertaining love story. I can imagine as a romantic comedy movie. It was that much fun to read.