A review by schnaucl
The Atlas Six, by Olivie Blake

mysterious medium-paced

I was really frustrated by this book.   I'm frustrated by the fact that I care what happens next even though I didn't think it was very well written.   There was a lot of telling rather than showing (several times a character would say something evasively instead of just having the character <i>be</i> evasive and trusting the reader to pick things up.  The characters were either flat or extremely irritating.  It was hard to tell if magic was something that was generally known about.  I think the answer is yes, but the "mortals" and medians act like they're in two completely separate worlds.  But something must have been done right if I care enough to read the next book, but maybe I'll get it from the library rather than purchasing it.

Spoiler"Mortal" is a weird choice to describe those without magical ability since it suggests magic users are immortal, which I don't think they're supposed to be.

Nico and maybe Tristan are the only characters I cared about because they're the only characters who seem to actually care about someone else.

These characters are supposed to be from different countries and possibly different classes but they all read the same.