A review by millah
Something Fabulous by Alexis Hall

adventurous emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

This was a wild historical romantic comedy. It was ridiculous and fun and probably not the most historically accurate, but entertaining and at times even sweet, heartfelt and hot. To be honest, it wasn't quite my thing, though. Not completely, anyway. It was fun, but I think the main conflict went a bit too far, for too long, while several of the characters acted too much like assholes.

I know the absurdity of the over-the-top characters and strange situations were written like this for a reason: It was comedy, and meant to be funny and wild. I guess it just wasn't quite my type of humour. I struggled to feel sympathy for the characters for a while. I didn't feel like I got to know who Valentine and Bonny were, or understand why they fell in love with each other. Maybe it would have helped if we got more  connecting moments between them earlier on, or if we got more of Bonny's point of view. I don't know.

All in all, this book was an easy read, and entertaining, and silly, and the ending was cute, and many readers will adore it. Now that I know to expect a wild ride, I'm curious about the next book in the series, and I'll definitely check it out.