A review by stardust_heidi
Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This book is like cuddling up with a soft, fluffy blanket —if the blanket were filled with sharp, witty humor, precious endearments, and some sexy pining.
The first time I read this, I listened to the audiobook -- this time I wanted to mark every ridiculously delightful sentence, but alas. I didn't have my page markers handy.
The chronic illness rep is amazing: as someone who is able bodied and also works in physical therapy, it really shone a eye-opening light onto a life of someone who lives with chronic illness and how much of a roller coaster it actually is.
Red and Chloe -- UGH. I LOVE THEM. I just love them.
SpoilerI often wish romance books didn't need to have that one defining moment of conflict, because after a while, the reasons get quite predictable. (And is it so bad to want the two to just be happy together?) However, both Chloe and Red have their own traumas and shit that goes real deep, and I think Talia Hibbert did a great job at showing them at points of panic and past lies rushing in -- and then healing. It wasn't an immediate apology and acceptance, and BOTH of them had to step back for a few days to realign their heads. Imo, it's done really well -- it's at least satisfying to me, but I'm easy to please, lmao. And in the end, conflict helps create character growth and depth to a story, and a life with only rainbows isn't reality.