A review by quirkycatsfatstacks
Orange City, by Lee M. Goldberg

From the moment I saw Orage City, I knew I had to read it. The cover simply draws one is, and then the description further captivates. Needless to say, I signed up for the blog tour as fast as possible! And then eagerly waited for my book to arrive in the mail. It was worth the wait.

Orange City is a dark and twisted beast – in all of the best ways possible. To compare it to 1984 would be fair, and it also felt familiar to Clockwork Orange in my mind. Yet it is also a wholly unique read. One that you can’t set expectations for by comparing it to any other novel on the market. It did take me a little while to get into the swing of things, when I picked it up, but once I found myself invested in the story, it simply would not let go of my mind.

It is unusual and will make you think, two things that I’ve come to treasure about books over the years. For that reason alone, I know that I will be remembering Orange City for a long time to come. I personally adored all of the debates and moral dilemmas that Lee Matthew Goldberg brought to the surface here. It makes this dystopian novel hit so much harder than it otherwise could have.

Check out more reviews over at The Review Crew