adventurous emotional inspiring lighthearted mysterious fast-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Plot
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
This book was fun and thrilling to read. I loved its pace and how it showed Torcher's growth as well as how the parents were involved. It brought more of it's world to life with showing more of the history between humans and dragons as well as touching upon the dragon slayers and how some dragons still do not like humans. I found the fight at the end interesting yet there was a level of predictability throughout this novel, which is to be expected from a children's book, but it did not detract from the enjoyment of it. So I would highly recommend it!