- Plot- or character-driven? A mix
- Strong character development? It's complicated
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
I think Chloe was almost too whiny and superficial to enjoy her journey. [Don't get me started on her valedictorian speech] I think I would have enjoyed this more if given the perspectives of Rory and Smith because having it from just Chloe's viewpoint became almost superficial.
I think also being in a small town, the seriousness of kids getting outed to their families was not as much as it should have been. It just seemed there wasn't much on this topic as I thought there would be.
Graphic: Outing, Lesbophobia, Bullying, Cursing, Emotional abuse, Biphobia, Infidelity, Misogyny, Transphobia, Abandonment, Homophobia, Religious bigotry, Sexism, Alcohol, Racism, Gaslighting, Dysphoria, Mental illness, Toxic friendship, Sexual harassment, and Classism