A review by kamaria
Avengers Assemble, Vol. 1, by Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Chuck Austen, Steve Epting, Brian Michael Bendis, Roger Stern, Paul Ryan, Manuel García, Andy Kubert, Carlos Pacheco, Stuart Immonen, Richard Howell, Rick Remender, Mark Waid, Steve Englehart, George Pérez, Scott Kolins, Scott Lobdell, Jeph Loeb, Norm Breyfogle, Mark Bagley, Alan Davis, Joe Edkin, Dan Jurgens, Gary Frank, Ian Churchill, Fabian Nicieza, Sean Chen, Geoff Johns, John Ostrander, Kieron Dwyer, Kurt Busiek, Roy Thomas, Brent Anderson, Mike Grell, Bruce Timm, Steve Sadowski, Ivan Reis, David Finch, Derec Donovan

It started great, but ended up being boring. Earth's mightiest superheroes should have at least mildly entertaining story arcs. I expected much better from Busiek!

The first three issues, where every past member of the Avengers fights against Morgan Le Fay (of all things!) was kind of great. I even enjoyed witnessing the formation of the new team and Carol Danvers' trouble with alcohol. But a love triangle between The Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man? And the whole plot depends on it? Ugh, please, no.

Also, why is it that only female superhumans worry about sterility and having kids? Oh wait, because only women care about children. Right. Shame is that this mindset is still present in the MCU.

Perez's artwork sometimes shines and sometimes is burdensome. I'm not a big fan, but I can appreciate the skill that goes into it.