adventurous dark fast-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Strong character development? No
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? No
- Flaws of characters a main focus? It's complicated
Ariel’s always been one of my favourite Disney Princesses. It’s definitely the fact that she’s a mermaid and it’s sad that there aren’t more Little Mermaid adaptations! But I’m quite happy with what we got in Once Upon a Time and I can’t wait for the live-action adaptation!
It had gorgeous writing, just flowed across the pages and brought me into the story. It held true to the story we all know and love. The book also has The True-Hearted Tin Soldier, which was a happy surprise, as I love that story – so that was fun to see.
Fun fact: The words the little mermaid appears 49 times in the book.