A review by poppyinthebin
The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
dark reflective sad tense slow-paced
- Plot- or character-driven? Character
- Strong character development? Yes
- Loveable characters? It's complicated
- Diverse cast of characters? N/A
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
At first I had my doubts, actually for quite a while. Mainly because the book was so long and even at half way I felt that the plot hadn’t moved on much. However the ending of the book (around the last 200 pages) was incredible.
The ending in Amsterdam was fitting for the characters and showed the effects that drugs had on the characters. I loved that Theo was able to help Hobie with the payments and could travel freely.
Moderate: Suicide, Addiction, Alcoholism, and Grief