A review by shelf_inspiration
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, by V.E. Schwab

5 Stars

“...It is sad, of course, to forget. But it is a lonely thing, to be forgotten. To remember when no one else does.” -The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.

See more on my Bookstagram: Shelf.Inspiration Instagram
REVIEW: This book follows the life of Addie LaRue. When living in France in 1714, Addie makes a desperate bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets. Thus, her life begins across centuries, continents, and through history and art. On her journey, Addie will learn just how far she will go in order to leave her mark on the world. However, after nearly 300 years of life, Addie comes across a young man in a hidden bookstore, and he remembers her name.

Everything about this book is five stars: the plot, characters, setting, and writing. It was such a beautiful and heart-wrenching story about the joys and sorrows of life. What it truly means to be alive, to be remembered, and to make an impact in this world. While it is very literary, and could be seen as “slow” in terms of plot, I found it to be completely captivating and even thought-provoking. I know that I will be thinking about Addie’s story for a long time and that I will feel the echoes of its impact. If you haven’t had the chance to read this yet, go grab it!

SYNOPSIS: France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.

Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.

But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.