fireth's review against another edition

A mystery who-done-it graphic novel. Lots of cliffhangers which made it a very fast read. So when is #2 coming out?

elsemma's review against another edition

TBA

readerrachelle's review against another edition

One of the reasons I requested this book for review is the the cover reminded me of The Wicked + The Divine series; a series I enjoy immensely which I also discovered on Netgalley. The art style and colour scheme are quite reminiscent of The Wicked + The Divine and I appreciate the vibrancy of it though this tends to lean slighty more towards realism in both colour and style.

The story is well-constructed and well-executed and its refreshing to explore concepts that are not normally used in traditional story-telling. Another standout was the team's willingness to experiment with art style, colour schemes and unusual psychology etc to drive the story.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the team plans to take this series. I recommend this series for anyone who enjoyed The Wicked + The Divine.

I received this book for free from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

hobbes199's review against another edition

Some gorgeous artwork and clever placement take a basic 'out of body' story full of clich├ęd character types to another level. Not sure how long the series can sustain the plot.

mayar_kun's review against another edition

Though the reviews I read implied it was mediocre, I found quite amazing.

The story so far is more interesting in the physical body world more than the subconscious (ghost? soul?) world. but having a wandering soul that can enter nearly dead bodies indicates a good potential.

I found myself very disturbed with Elle's family. You know you hit the bottom when the greatest threat to your life -even after getting viciously attacked- is your own family. I HATE Elle's brother more than the other bad people in the story combined, fingers crossed he get's killed.

jkenna's review against another edition

Interesting first volume!

spacecaits's review against another edition

I've noticed in other reviews that there are a good number of complaints about the characters. I also didn't like any of the characters. There are some characters to greatly dislike, like Eddie, but I don't care either way about El or Jo because I don't know anything about them. The characters just feel very generic. It isn't until the end of volume 1 that Dane interests me and I don't know if that is enough to keep me going with this series. The art is gorgeous and the story has potential, but right now it all seems very flat.

heart1lly's review against another edition

I picked this up without knowing anything about it, but I'm glad I did. Nice illustrations and interesting cast of characters so far. I'll be picking up the second volume.

courtneybates's review against another edition

More interested in the coma/dream world than the actual mystery. Characters are fleetingly described. Hard to get attached to anyone, especially when they're all prep school type douches.

cindymarie's review against another edition

I loved this so much I immediately added the next 2 volumes to my library holds and then researched to see if there was a volume 4. It's on hiatus!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I'll still read the next two anyways because why not.
Elle is in a coma after a murder attempt that she doesn't remember. She's having an out of body experience and can't get back into her body, but she finds she can get into other bodies when the spirit decides they are ready to leave and move on into afterlife.
The artwork is gorgeous. Honestly I picked this up based completely on the front cover and I'm glad I did. Every single page is stunning.