Daredevil by Mark Waid - Volume 1, by

colinreedmoon's review against another edition

Pretty fantastic standard Daredevil fare, getting us back into a place where Murdock isn't demon-possessed or doomed. Simple character interactions in this series make us love the character of both Murdock and Daredevil quite a bit, and the Captain America stuff is incredible, but the real win is Rivera's artwork, especially the covers, which redefine Daredevil--a rough task, following Maleev's very long run, but he pulls it off favorably.

colinreedmoon's review against another edition

bowienerd_82's review against another edition

I love Mark Waid, and I love that he took on Daredevil. Not only that, he took on DD, and made it fun, and raised it above the levels and angst it had fallen into. Win for sure.

bowienerd_82's review against another edition

I love love love what Waid has done with Daredevil. Great writing, good art, and I can't tell you how nice it is to have the best parts of Daredevil without the soul-crushing constant angst. So fun and so awesome.

bowienerd_82's review against another edition

I cannot overemphasize how much I love Mark Waid's current run on Daredevil. The art is beautiful, the writing is fantastic, and it's just been so much fun.

bowienerd_82's review against another edition

The issue with the monsters (as featured on the cover) was a bit on the bizarro side, but otherwise, an awesome (and quite unexpected) work in the Waid collection.

sarahc_98's review against another edition

Weird little collection of stories...

allierose7's review against another edition

I loved it! However this being my first superhero comic with references to the fantastic four and captain america I was a little behind. However, overall this was a really great first comic for me. I can't wait for the second one!

allierose7's review against another edition

Definitely glad to be reading Daredevil! Really enjoyed it thoroughly.

allierose7's review against another edition

Never fails to pull me in, even when I'm doubting :)