These Fleeting Shadows by Kate Alice Marshall

livingdeadbabe's review

I’m going with a 3.5 I don’t read haunting style books often. Unsure why I love horror, mystery and thrillers. I just tend not to get into haunting books. This book was okay, decent maybe even good in spots but not great. But then again that could just be me.

dreamsonpaper's review

Ghosts and creatures,  bones coming alive- not my cup of tea. The story also did not pull me in.

quillson's review

Did not like the plot or the characters. Reading this book ultimately felt tedious.

brookeprysi's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense slow-paced

geekymomontheprairie's review

*3.5* I love the idea and atmosphere of this book, but it becomes disjointed quickly. The pacing is off. I feel it could really have benefitted from some 3rd person omniscient scenes in between Helen's POV. I really enjoyed the ending, but because the pacing was off, it felt somewhat rushed. Definitely worth reading.

brenero's review

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

organizedxchaos's review

I’ve begun to see a pattern with this author of taking material from other sources and claiming it as her own. She at least acknowledges it in the author’s note this time but to me that’s still not enough and this is borderline plagiarism.

jbods's review

dark mysterious medium-paced

purple676's review

This book was one of my anticipated releases for the year and I think liked it? I don’t know.

It was fine but compared to the previous books of the author which I loved this one was really lacking that level of unsettling horror. It felt very watered down.

Maybe I’m tired of books getting pitched as this and that. Maybe I miss original content.

abstractkitty0's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced