Happy Place by Emily Henry

thebestofaly's review against another edition

boringville, fabricated angst, talking in circles, loads of denial... unfortunately, i felt like i signed up for one story, but got a very different one.

mariangelie30's review

cupkaaate's review

This book had the most amazing platonic love. Harriet and Wyn’s love felt so authentic and real. Wasn’t sure about the first half, but I got sucked in on the second half realizing I was attached to the characters!!

bremanusina's review

4.5 stars!

“In every universe, it’s you for me. Even if it’s not me for you”

Ugh this book ripped my heart apart and put it back together. I loved seeing the past and present from Harriet’s POV as she recounted her life at the cottage in Maine. And to watch her and Wyn fall in love and build their relationship. I love a good second chance romance and this book was written so well! I will forever love a softie like my boy Wyn

riroreads's review against another edition

Three plus; will goodreads ever give us more flexibility than just 5 stars?

Not my favorite of Emily Henry's, but Emily Henry still makes me feel warm and fuzzy... and spicy.

The balance between building conflict on miscommunication, but making it believable and not infuriating is a challenge, and a rare gift that no one can do quite like Emily Henry, so even though Happy Place is the lesser of her books, its still pretty great.

morganniemarie's review

This book was good! 4.5 stars
Miscommunication trope makes me angry sometimes: but it was also EXTREMELY realistic. It’s encouraging me to look at my relationships and how I interact within them. So many times I’ll ignore something until it goes away…and not talk about it. This book calls me to actually discuss stuff - and not worry that people won’t love me just because my feelings are hurt.
This is incoherent I’m sure and I’m really tired but Emily, thank you for this book!

lisaha's review

emotional inspiring lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

meganrosew's review

emotional hopeful reflective sad medium-paced

cecrbc's review against another edition

emotional lighthearted fast-paced

arielle_joy's review

Funny, heartbreaking, and makes me full of hope for the future to have friendships and a space like that. Pulled my heartstrings to shreds. Was quite literally smiling and then tearing up and crying within the span of a page, I had to double back to comprehend how that all just happened. Felt a little too real and that’s what made it so lovely and what held such a connection.