Dissolving Classroom, by 伊藤潤二, Junji Ito

aedreyp's review against another edition

anime917's review against another edition

lsmith36's review

Dissolving Classroom: 4/5, a good opening story! I think it set up the dynamic of the siblings well, and was able to lead into the rest of the story with us wanting more.
Meet Again: 5/5, I'm not sure why but I really liked this one. I think because it was so mysterious and weirdly romantic I guess. It may have fit better with Hellstar Reminia.
Children of the Earth: 2/5, this one didn't do much for me. I feel like there wasn't enough tension, but still an interesting concept.
Worshipping Beauty (Dissolving Beauty): 5/5, this is my favorite story with Azeri and Chizumi. I just think it was a cool idea, and the visuals/consequences of Azeri's actions. There's probably some social commentary that could be made, but eh.
Dissolving Apartment: 4/5, loved the visuals for this! Really just goopy, zombie stuff. I think it's a good continuation of the story as well.
Chizumi's Dissolving Love: 4/5, I liked being able to see more of Chizumi and get more for her character. Also I felt like the plot got a lot more interesting in this one.
The Demon's Conference: 4/5, good conclusion! I liked how it was open ended without being too nebulous.

charonlrdraws's review against another edition

Can safely say the whole apologizing too much certainly hits too close to home, but the idea of doing that and it resulting in people's brainsing melt is pretty neat. And the two characters we follow in Dissolving Classroom Yuuma and Chizumi, part of me felt sorry for Yuuma (curse my sympathetic streak) as at times he gets upset at Chizumi she's a smug little can of worms, she's the kind of sibling you'd want to avoid like the plague.

And honourable mention to Dissolving Beauty the second story, as the flurry of giving people compliments it turns them to the complete opposite, and they go along believing every word of it, like really are you that desparate.

Also the ending was pretty good, as all the people they'd melted well they came back and caused some karmic justice which I enjoyed.

katie_konneker's review against another edition

dark mysterious fast-paced

dirtmidas's review against another edition

dark funny

lboldus's review against another edition

dark fast-paced

morganjanedavis's review against another edition

Yumma’s ability to gaslight is unmatched. Loved

andopmck's review against another edition

dark funny mysterious fast-paced

nay_yss's review against another edition

dark medium-paced