The Royal We by Heather Cocks, Jessica Morgan

spencerc22's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

hkeating's review against another edition

I loved this book! And if you have the chance to, get it as an audiobook because the woman who reads it is amazing!

laplatts's review against another edition

He will never marry an American.

A fairytale romance wasn't exactly what Bex had in mind when she went to study overseas, but it is what she got. Loosely based off the romance between Prince William and Kate Middleton, this novel imagines all the drama that could have gone on behind scenes.

I adored this book. I fell in love with Bex- a self-identified average girl. And I loved the normalcy of her relationship with Nick. It was romantic, quirky, funny, and heartbreakingly sad at times. I actually ugly cried a few times (but I do chalk that up to Aunt Flo being in town for a visit, I can be an emotional wreck). I also timed this to coincide with a real-life royal wedding, which made it even more emotional because who isn't a sucker for a wedding?

For fans of romance, this is a refreshing, comedic take on love.

limeminearia's review against another edition

A fun read. Recommended to fans of Liane Moriarty, Lisa Jewell, Nick Hornby, Sophie Kinsella.

amydkreads's review against another edition

Too long but a fun read. I hope I can find more audiobooks narrated by the same person.

booklover776's review against another edition

slow-paced

katiea714's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

jojo01's review against another edition

slow-paced

libraryofdreaming's review against another edition

The Royal We is one of those books I put on hold at the library ages ago and have since forgotten where I saw it or who recommended it. But I really enjoyed it! Yes, it is a straight up Will and Kate ripoff but I am most definitely here for that. Give me all the royalty fanfiction there is and I will be a happy girl. Unfortunately, there was a lot of sex and partying in this book. Thankfully though nothing was too descriptive or overly graphic and I managed not to be too traumatized. There were, however, a couple of scenes that gave me some serious secondhand embarrassment. I actually had to put down to book and go, "OH NO" to myself before continuing on.

Despite all of that, this book was extremely engaging and fun to read. Bex (aka Kate) is an entertaining heroine even if she makes all the wrong decisions. I really loved how the authors made Nick (aka Will) feel very human. Their relationship was actually really well developed and sweet to watch. I especially enjoyed how they first bonded over watching terrible tv shows together. It wasn't an immediate first look kind of love but instead a relationship that actually felt like it could be a real thing rather than pure fantasy. Speaking of a dose of reality, I also thought it seemed very realistic the way Bex, Nick, and her family all dealt with the sky-rocket to fame and all the trouble that came with it. It wasn't just pure fluff and rainbows, there was a ton of drama and stress. It made me truly think about how stressful it must have been to the real royal golden couple, Will and Kate, and how their relationship must have been strained and different because of it. Fame sucks, guys. When I find my prince, I would like him to be very reclusive and have a nice big castle to hide away in please. ;)

The authors' writing is very spirited and easy to read. A nice vacation into fantasy dreamland. Now, where is my Oxford prince again? Time is getting on...

keen23's review against another edition

Both loved and hated this book, and really want the sequel.