Headless: An Erotic Short Story, by Aveda Vice

luss44's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

angisnowflake's review against another edition

This is super short and tells the story of two people loosing someone but not really loosing him.

I thought this would be just a very short steamy monster story, however this turned out so different.
To me this was incredibly sad.

Even though this was so short I cried. Even through the sex scenes I cried because I felt they were overflowing with longing for something they both need but can’t really have. Just writing this makes me sad again.

However besides that of course we don’t get much about them. I wish this story would be longer and we would get to know more about these three people, their relationship and what came with their loss.

For only 8 pages this was really good but because I think this could be so much better and because I expected it to be much more scary, which it was absolutely not, I gave this 3.5 stars.

ms_tempy's review against another edition

Poetic

This was a great short read. Like reading Erotic poetry. The language just flowed around you. Beautifully written. Not too focused on the legend but it doesn’t detract from it.

beamasalunga's review against another edition

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Smut version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Weird but kinky.

richardbruce's review against another edition

I have never read an "erotic" book before so this was a first.
It was actually not bad. Not too dirty, I would say more teasing. I liked the characters and setting and love anything gothic.
I would potentially read more as it was better than expected.
It actually had some beautiful writing in it that shone more than the actual erotica.

basrina's review

dark mysterious sad fast-paced

bookbruin's review against another edition

Interesting erotic twist on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Super short MMF poly romance. Great premise, but the writing was a bit too convoluted and flowery at times. A quick and sexy Halloween read.

sadiereads_'s review against another edition

No rating for this bc it’s a short one

The writing of this felt spooky and works really well with this retelling. I can’t wait for the full length

jhen_squared's review against another edition

I expected more

I thought this would be a nice short smutty read but it just...all felt so vague and like it was trying to be pretty and metaphorical the entire time. I felt like I read a summary of a sex scene and not an actual sex scene. I personally didn't find it erotic (which I know this author was going for based on the writing but we were held at such a distance) and it barely felt smutty to me. Not for me but I can see why the reasons I didn't like it would work for others.

izzy_happyfornow's review against another edition

I need the full length