Namesake (Fairyloot Edition), by Adrienne Young

ephvmeral's review against another edition

adventurous challenging funny mysterious medium-paced

jacqbee's review against another edition

I felt like this book was a great extension from the story that began in Fable. I love the world building and how these two books have actually made me interested in pirates?! I wish there had been a bit more growth in the relationships between characters in this book but overall a great duology.

aserabelle's review against another edition

You will love the craftiness in this book.

kylaslittlelibrary's review against another edition

Everything was predictable and yet I still couldn’t put it down. It was almost like a comfort read without having ever read it before.

luciatudor's review against another edition

adventurous challenging hopeful inspiring slow-paced

wonderseeker21's review against another edition

After reading Fable, I really had high hopes for this book, but I struggled to stay focused on this story for some reason. I didn't live up to my expectations but I didn't totally dislike it. I just felt disappointed. Maybe it was because it was a sequel that was so hyped up.

erinpatreiss's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful inspiring tense fast-paced

Namesake picked up immediately to follow through with the cliffhanger from Fable. The Fable is separated from her crew and forced to revert back to surviving on her wits with danger where ever she is.

The second book focused less on the love story, because it was already established and flushed out, and more on Fable’s other relationships and the grief of losing her mother, which I found very satisfying! I wouldn’t have minded a little more getting to know you between Fable and West. Some more intimate dialogue between them… but I understand why it wasn’t done.

I feel like I wish that there had been more of a show of the relationships between Fable and her found family/crew mates. So many crew member characteristics were well founded in Fable, their histories explored in Namesake, but not as fully as I felt they could have been. The bond of their crew seemed to extend to Fable more by default of West than earning the individual friendships. It would have added depth. But I still enjoyed learning about a little of the crew’s histories.

I think the least purposeful character was Holland. Her character seemed like a place filler. I wanted to see her deviousness and cutthroat business. I understand how Priest rose to the top, but Holland’s rise was less explored and more implied. She seemed like a petty old woman, easily pushed aside. I wanted more evil mastermind to explain why things played out the way they did.

But I loved it all the same. I didn’t want to leave this world and was so excited to see that there was a stand-alone out there and The prequel, Priest, out in November of 2022!

princess_peach's review against another edition

adventurous emotional tense medium-paced

marie_j's review against another edition

adventurous emotional medium-paced

bexsbookshelves's review against another edition

I loved the first book so much that I was worried to read this one because I knew it would be the last one and I wasn't ready for that, hormones and everything, but I loved this book as much as the first one.

We start Namesake where Fable left off, with Fable kidnapped and with Zola. He gives her an opportunity and she takes it, wanting to do anything to get back to West.

This book is full to the brim with action and twists that even I didn't see coming. There's so many surprises that I love how talented of a writer, Adrienne Young really is.

The only thing I hate about this book is that there is no more.

Overall, I loved this book and would recommend this one and Fable to anyone. It's nice to take a step back from all the paranormal stuff for a change.