Walk the Wild With Me, by Irene Radford, Rachel Atwood, C.F. Bentley

pathologicalreader's review against another edition

adventurous slow-paced

ossian's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

lyrafay12's review

Uninteresting

maryamorevnas's review

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for granting me an ARC. Somewhere between 2 and 3 stars so I bumped it to a 3.
I’m in a Fae kick lately and it sounded like something I would like based on the synopsis, however reading it proved that it has elements of the Robin Hood folktale. I’m not all too familiar with the legend other than Disney’s animal animation rendition and have no great interest in it.
It was an interesting premise: Wild folk and the church at odds, the Faery mound, old England.
However I really didn’t have any special connection or fondness to any of the characters or the plot or conflict so I was slow to get through this and not very invested, to say the least. Nothing was wrong with it, exactly, but it just wasn’t for me after all.

tri_sara_topps's review

I love a good use of old folklore with a new story. This is a unique use of the characters of Robin Hood. I enjoyed the build to the climax much more than the event itself, but otherwise, I really liked it.

traveling_in_books's review

adventurous lighthearted reflective medium-paced

vissara's review against another edition

Clever and beautifully written new look at the Robin Hood mythos

vissara's review

Clever and beautifully written new look at the Robin Hood mythos

sunsoar25's review

DNF'd @ page 55

I wanted to love Walk the Wild With Me by Rachel Atwood, but unfortunately it just wasn't working at all for me. I mean, it's a historical fantasy retelling that combines Robin Hood with faeries. The potential for this is outstanding, but it was way too dull and boring for my tastes.