Dead End Girls by Wendy Heard

bofrazer's review

If Thelma and Louise had been teenagers unsure about their orientation. Great read from one of my favorite relatively unknown writers. The suspense is both romantic and legal, and it’s delivered beautifully.

ellacmack's review

percyvale's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

haileyannereads's review

I enjoyed reading this book for the most part. But in the end, I just kind of feel meh about it. It was suspenseful and twisty, but also pretty predictable at times. Overall, it was good, but not great.

courthrilly's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

jow_ass's review

i cannot give this book 5 stars but like i want to give it 5 stars even tho everything in me tells me, that this book isnt good enough.

molly_dettmann's review

On one hand I thought the mystery and amped up suspense was well-done and kept me scrolling through to finish, but on the other hand it seemed a bit all over the place with some very predictable bits. It did seem like it would make a really good tv show or something.

kerasalwaysreading's review

I really tried with this one! I loved the premise. I would have loved to read this if it was just Maude achieving her goal by herself. Instead, she is discovered and has a tag along through the whole story and Frankie is constantly messing up the plans. I just felt aggravated and annoyed through the bulk of this book and for that, I think the book was just okay. Loved the idea, but the execution was just okay…

abstractkitty0's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful mysterious sad tense fast-paced

alexabookish's review

3.5/4 stars. this was a pretty good ya thriller. i do think i was expecting something a little different based on how it’s marketed (the tagline is: two runaways leave a trail if murders in their wake. which isn’t exactly true, so i was expecting something slightly different) i’d describe it more as thriller/darker contemporary maybe? however, i am ALWAYS looking for queer thrillers because there are absolutely not enough of them.