Divergent by Veronica Roth

tiaroseshang's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional sad fast-paced

bsolarz's review

First of all, I am not 100% sure why this book was called Divergent when the concept of Divergent only played a part in a few bit parts. I understand the concept of Divergent - it just confuses me as to why the whole book was called Divergent... if that makes sense.
Ok, now the book itself. A lot of the book focused on the training for Dauntless and while I appreciate that was a step that needed to be taken, it got a little boring. I was waiting for something big to happen. I felt like the simulation take over at the end could've been expanded upon or something... it felt like it was all crammed in at the end. I respect this is a trilogy but I really felt like the book dragged on a bit and kept going on parts we already knew about.
I don't know at this point whether I am going to pick up the second book. To be completely honest, I'm not all that interested in doing so but maybe if I have time to, I will.

lyanaareads's review

While i'm writing this, please note that i am also laughing at myself. Not much of a dystopian fan and trilogies but i really do love this book after all. I can't believe i read it half way just to understand the factions then skip to watch the movie. Glad i came back, GLAD! Guess there's no turning back now, bring it on..INSURGENT, ALLEGIANT and ofcourse FOUR!

Book challenged #11 a book by female author

akjohn90's review

Once I started reading, I couldn't stop this was so good.I was not expecting to be hooked from the beginning.This book is ten years old and it's still good

juliareads1717's review

slow-paced

harriet_sk's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

joana_stormblessed's review against another edition

holy freaking crap this book is amazing!!!!!!!

acire_13's review against another edition

fast-paced

astheplotthickens24's review

It seems boring at first and it really took me time to get into this book but it's worth the read anyway ☺

sarap_reader's review