ipross's review

I'm a bit torn about this one. I'm glad that all these authors got together for such a great cause. However, I was left a little meh about the majority of the stories. Most had no real beginning or no real end. Some were cute and sweet. As a whole, I feel these stories would do well with being expanded on by the individual authors and made into full-length books.

gabi90's review

Can't say I'm impressed. I loved Volume 1 so much more.
Maybe it's because there are more authors participating than last year, hence less space, hence shorter, lacking stories. :(

Most of these little novelettes had the same problem: they started out good, but then progressed too fast, they would kiss and there would be a big time jump for the epilogue. Meh. Also instalove or insta...something, which I expected, and it's not a bad thing, I just don't like it.

I'm not reviewing them individually, but you'll find a list below of the stories I would buy if they ever get released, hopefully an extended version.

List of stories to buy:
1. Boston - Annabella Michaels
I don't need this to be a full-length novel, or even a novella. I just want them to go one or two more dates and I would be satisfied. Loved it!

3. Denver - E. Davies
Well, damn. Ed is the only author who managed to write an insta-romance that didn't actually feel insta. It's a special story. I loved this. I should really read more books written by him.

And here are the maybe
Boston by May Archer
Enemies to lovers. Loved the characters.

Athens by Charlie Cochet
I'm only mentioning this cuz it was fun, not sure if it would work outside of the anthology, even with extension, or added scenes.

Melbourne by Eden Finley
San Francisco by Hailey Turner

My overall feelings about the anthology are still positive.

liza5326's review

I loved the first anthology about the dating app gone awry. This one was a continuation, of sorts, with charity events set up around the world to raffle off destination dates. There were more unlikely pairings, fun times, and sweetness. The winner for me was definitely Los Angeles by A.E. Wasp, about the pediatric cancer nurse and sexy firefighter. This story made me weep. I really felt the emotional punch of Kurt and Zane, but Calvin most of all. I would love a follow-up on this. Another winner was Denver by E Davies. This was the first time I have ever read a story that went so in-depth with a sex scene involving a FTM post-op trans and it was wonderful. The rest of the anthology was hit or miss, but overall fun. I am excited for the 3rd volume next month.

nsomniak6's review

While I thought the first Anthology was much better, there were still quite a few stories here that I liked including Eden Finley, AE Wasp, Lucy Lennox, May Archer, Sloane Kennedy, Aimee Nichole Walker, Alexa Land, and KM Neuhold. These were authors I have read, so no surprises there. I just hope some of the authors decide to add to their stories because I really wanted to know what happens to some of the couples.

isalaur's review

Another fantastic collection of stories

Short stories by some of my favorite writers in a collection that raises money for charity. Sharks not to love about that?

There are so many great stories in this collection. I love the references many of them make to last year’s stories or to their own series. It all feels beautifully connected.

cadiva's review

3.5*

I don't think this is as good as the first one in terms of the actual stories themselves, even though I still absolutely think having a fund-raising anthology is a fabulous idea and the authors and other contributors giving their time should be applauded.

But, having said that, I still enjoyed most of the stories even if a lot of them did just feel like Chapter One in something that should have been far longer.