Flame and Starlight, by Dana Isaly

morebooksforever's review

Dana is seriously becoming of my one-click authors! Flame and Starlight was fantastic and my first Fae novel and it definitely won’t be my last. This story was seriously a breath of fresh air. Alys and Asher while in the beginning struggle you can still feel this sizzling chemistry and the push pull to one another. Watching these two grow over the course of the story was beautiful. Their story is jam packed from beginning to end and there is no chance you will putting this down until you get to the end and then you will be begging for more. I can’t wait to see what this new world brings us and what is in store for Alys and Asher.

hannahcudaj's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

princessjingles's review

adventurous dark emotional tense fast-paced

beyzayi's review

dnf at 35%. writing was mediocre and too fast paced. didn’t connect to any character, not to mention it’s a total acotar rip off

welsh520's review

Overall, I enjoyed this book for what it was, but it did not feel original at all. Major ACOTAR and FBAA themes, ideas, and even characterizations and powers. I loved those books and wasn’t mad about reading them mashed up in this book, however, it definitely pulls HEAVILY from those works. It feels underdeveloped in some of its world building compared to the books it’s in the same vein as.

grilledcheesd's review

4.5 ⭐️ really enjoyed this one! only taking off the half point bc it felt like alys was waaaaaayyy to chill abt her whole situation super quickly

maya_reads_spice's review

Do not read this book.

jessbeyondthepages's review

Do not read this book or anything written by this author.

alliemkraft's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

peggyo1's review

Too old for this book

This was pretty boring and tedious to finish but I did it anyway. The story was typical fantasy but the dialogue felt immature like the Twilight series. The main characters were insufferable. The nickname little Duck and Princess grated on me. I was not invested in the characters and skimmed a lot.