Světla nad Prahou by Nicole Jarvis

jori209's review against another edition

bibliobrittish's review against another edition

This was just the most delightful vampire tale. The lore and history and politics of power were captivating. I loved these characters and that epilogue had me squee-ing. FRTK

dreamcourt's review against another edition

This is going to be the quickest and shortest review I've done. I don't know how I feel about this

amandaec's review against another edition

Such a fun read, and crossing my fingers for a sequel.

someonetookit's review against another edition

This one took me a long time to get through. Like a long LONG time. I had to keep skipping back to the start because after around 20% it started to become grating and I had to put it down and start again. When I finally got through the first half, it started making sense

Really enjoyed Ora (the pijavica POV). Being older and wiser, she seemed to be the closest to having her stuff together (for the most part). Although she did feel a little stuffy at times.

Domek, the human male POV, seemed disjointed and I found myself rereading most of his parts in the beginning because I couldn't quite wrap my head around what his purpose was for a good chunk of the novel.

Going in expected Prague to feel like more of a character than it did. To begin it felt very much like I'd get some bang for my buck and I really liked this aspect.

Overall it felt very 'period urban fantasy' and while I appreciate this (absolutely adore the Lady Helen novels) there was just something missing that I cant quite put my finger on. Maybe it's because it took so long for me to read. Maybe this specific book isn't my thing.

Would definitely recommend if you like the Lady Helen novels or Jodie Zdrok's Spectacle series

micolreads's review against another edition

If you are looking for a book without any character depth nor development, a plot that is so basic that literally nothing happens, a world building that is so plain I couldn’t even imagine myself in that city. The only thing that kept me from dnf is the writing style. It’s good, but unfortunately all the rest was not and in the end, this book was just bad for me.
Thanks to netgalley for the ecopy.

spookysoto's review against another edition

Rating: I liked it a lot

onesmallmeep's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

talliedolls12's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

This book was a good time! I wish the characters were more complex but the setting and plot of the book were very interesting and made up for it!