Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen

vanitas's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

holmessi's review against another edition

challenging emotional medium-paced

kiee's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful reflective medium-paced

matias28's review against another edition

emotional lighthearted reflective slow-paced

gracefulgracey's review against another edition

Buying classic English Literature has been just a laugh for me. Yes, I bought some just to fill my shelf with class. And out of curiosity I tried to read this book, I had second thoughts after reading a few pages and trying to comprehend what was the author want its reader to understand is a major headache (it is really hard to understand the language and the manner of writing is too complicated, if you know what I mean) I left the classics unread on my shelf.

For several months (or perhaps, a year, I reckon), I ignore and disregard its sophisticated story line which I now discover very enthralling after deciding to read it for the second time (Just out of curiosity, again). And I can finally say that after reading Pride and Prejudice, I fell in love with another fictional character. I fell in love with Mr. Darcy, that I want a 4-side page letter from him. I don’t care if it is just a letter of explanation just to clear his name from malicious hearsays if not a confession of his love for me. Ugh! Somebody, please kill me because I’m falling in love once again to a person (or a fictional character, in this case) that most definitely not going to fall for me too. #Ouchy #Heartbroken #OnceAgain #AndAgain Ms. Elizabeth Bennet must be very lucky, indeed, considering she abhor him at first. :(

claireak95's review against another edition

This is such a lovely book. It makes me so happy to read it. Every time. The whole second half is so cute. All of it is cute. I don't know. How does it get better every time?

justinereinosa's review against another edition

This is one of the greater classics that I've had the pleasure of reading! Jane Austen goes through many emotions and struggles in this novel and writes each character so well.

Jane's timid and kind nature is found in every word spoken about her and in every sentence with her dialogue. Lizzy's sharp tongue and proud assertive thoughts are captivating. Jane Austen allows you to FEEL the cool stares of Mr. Darcy and see how they warm throughout the book.

I'll miss reading about Jane and Lizzy and their destiny in finding true love.

maisyrae's review against another edition

my first classic !!!!

bloomingpear's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

rae03's review against another edition

funny lighthearted reflective relaxing slow-paced