Fumbled, by Alexa Martin

bookmarklit's review against another edition

This was really, really great. I loved reading about TK, as expected, and Poppy was an excellent character/match for him. Second chance romances are my favorite. I loved how open and honest the two of them were with each other. The inevitable moment where things go to shit was actually logical and not because of miscommunication, which I appreciated, but I have to admit - the ending of the story was not my favorite. I mean, I GET it for sure, but it wasn't what I wanted for TK's story. I'm probably just being a picky football fan, if I'm being honest, because every other thing about this romance was perfection.

rns1108's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

siya_siyonzana's review against another edition

Things I love:

Second Chance Romance ✅
Sports Romance ✅
Single parent ✅✅✅

Things I HATE:

Secret baby's ✅
Secret baby's that didn't need to be a secret ✅✅
Heroines that think it's okay not to tell a man that he has a child✅✅✅
Secret babies that are grown as hell resulting in the father having missed out on so much!!! ✅✅✅✅✅✅

Too bad this book focused heavy on things I hated so nope, I couldn't do it.

liliths's review

lighthearted fast-paced

rebar351's review against another edition

I love this book series!

saber's review against another edition

3.5 stars

I loved Poppy and her storyline as well as all the great friendships. I also really liked TK and how the author wove in the serious consequences of concussions in football into an overall fun, lighthearted story. I still feel that the romance itself was a bit lackluster, but am really enjoying Martin's characters and overall writing.

Audio narration was really good despite there being a different narrator from book 1.

lovethyshelfie's review against another edition

There wasn’t much conflict - the stalker who went no where and the horrible mother-in-law - both plot points started but never amounted to anything other than a few paragraphs here and there. Both “conflicts” felt like they were added because the author or publisher decided there needed to be some spice but couldn’t decide on what.

On the other hand, the discussion of head injuries in the NFL really hit home. I think people forget, when they’re watching Sunday games, how dangerous football really is and how those men are risking their mental health and stability for public enjoyment.

carolyngs's review

mrsspacher's review against another edition

Fun read

pearlfecto's review against another edition

SO I LITERALLY JUST STARTED READING ALEXA MARTIN and I’ve loved every single one so farrrrr!! This didn’t disappoint either! The love Poppy has for her son, Ace, is so sweet. I’m gonna strive to be that type of parent LOL. Anywayyyy, let’s talk about TKKK (Trevor Kyle.. but don’t call him that