Summer Romance by Annabel Monaghan

slow-paced

Review coming soon

amyjno's review

hopeful inspiring

Did I sit down with the intention of devouring this book basically in one sitting?  Nope.  But I shouldn't have been surprised because this has happened with every book I've read from Annabel Monaghan.  There's something about her writing style that sucks me in.  I LOVE the characters in this book.  Ali is a fantastic heroine and Ethan is SWOON WORTHY.  Get this book on your radar now because it's PERFECT to get sucked into on a vacation.

* I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

thebookstagrambabe's review

emotional hopeful inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

Benefits of a summer romance: it’s always fun, always brief, and no one gets their heart broken. There aren’t enough labeled glass containers to contain the mess that is Ali Morris’s life. Her mom died two years ago, then her husband left, and she hasn’t worn pants with a zipper in longer than she cares to remember. She’s a professional organizer whose pantry is a disgrace. No one is more surprised than Ali when the first time she takes off her wedding ring and puts on pants with hardware—overalls count, right?—she meets someone. Or rather, her dog claims a man for her in the same way he claimed his favorite of her three children: by peeing on him. Ethan smiles at Ali like her pants are just right—like he likes what he sees. The last thing Ali needs is to make her life messier, but there’s no harm in a little Summer Romance. Is there?

So you want a Best Friend's Brother, Friends to Lovers, Small Town Romance? Look no further than Summer Romance by Annabel Monaghan. I've loved every book she's written so far, and this one did not disappoint! I was cautious when I started this book because Ali focused a lot on her mother's death and I hate a parental death in books. It's a big fear of mine that I know I'll have to face one day, but I don't wanna think about it now, especially in books. But anyway, I digress. This turned out to be a fantastic book! I was so taken in by it, that I couldn't put it down. Ethan is such a sweet hero. He doesn't play games, he is upfront with his feelings about Ali and is just such a cinnamon roll hero. I loved it when he came in to help Ali with her divorce and really took her ex down a peg. He was such an unlikeable foil to Ethan. Ali grows so much as a heroin. I love seeing a character who is depressed or down on her luck get a redemptive character ARC. As someone who had gone through that hard work, I appreciate how much it shows on the page with Ali. The small-town secondary characters were a hoot. I loved Ali's kids and how they interacted with Ethan. I just can't say enough good things about this one!

Thanks to the publisher for the ARC in return for an honest review. This book releases 6/4!

mlwilson1021's review against another edition

hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

readwstephanie's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This will be the perfect summer read! This book takes place in a small town, with sweet next-door neighbors, and a family that runs the local inn and diner. There are so many themes and life lessons around personal growth, learning the importance of self care, navigating life after loss, and divorce. I was truly rooting for Ali to find her happiness! Ali is such a strong FMC and her devotion to her children was so genuine! You'll get to see the impact Ali's mom had on her, her navigating being a single parent and dating again! I found myself laughing out loud a lot and there were plenty of relatable moments!

reading_ladies_blog's review

hopeful medium-paced

loganhdavis's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful fast-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

4 ⭐️

I am so glad that Annabel is BACK!! I loved Nora Goes Off Script soooo much, but last year’s Same Time Next Summer was NOT it for me. When I was approved for an ARC of Summer Romance I was very excited and nervous at the same time. I can confidently say that Annabel Monaghan has gone back to her roots and it will be a huge success when it publishes this summer!

I enjoyed this story so much, and the setting (as always) was so gorgeous and atmospheric. I literally finished it in 48 hours. It will be the perfect summer read when it publishes in June!! ☀️ Thank you Net Galley for the advanced copy!

dennikel's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

I love this author’s ability to connect with the reader so quickly in the book.  The characters’ vulnerabilities make me relate to them more. I’m not sure 🤔 f it was intentional, but I felt this book had some Gilmore Girl themes- maybe just the region and small town quirky stuff but that’s always a check in the Pro column for me!!

malloryelyse's review against another edition

fast-paced