Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer

c0urtn3yy's review

LOVED IT!!! I loved the whole series -- I'm kind of sad that there are only four books...

readwithjulez's review

wow this book is WILD but also weirdly boring at times. so many things don’t make sense and don’t align with everything set up from the previous books??? and i know it’s been said many times but i absolutely HATE that jacob imprints on renesme. i don’t know him anymore!
i actually really like the volturi plot in the third part of this book, and i enjoy everyone’s powers and abilities. what i don’t like is how bella is the most perfect vampire ever born so she has zero hardship in her transition to her new life. i also wish the book would have at least shown how the fight would have happened in alice’s vision (like the movie), if not had the battle happen in reality. there are just so many cool powers on both sides i would have loved to see them in action. it’s a very anticlimactic ending... ugh.

saj_81's review

This one was my favourite of the Twilight books, because Bella finally stops being whiny and useless and her relationship with Edward is actually something close to equal. Also, there isn't as many annoying descriptions about Edward's perfection (he's a marble statue! In case you missed that the first 300 times...).

Despite these comments I gave all the books 3 stars, because I did find them entertaining. I just wouldn't let my potential daughter read them, because there is nothing healthy about this relationship.

rebeccaringwood's review

This series just warms my heart for a couple reasons: nostalgia for all the movies, fall weather because of Forks and it's beautiful green moss and big trees and rain and also for the simplistic style of writing that reads like a movie - its just easy and who doesn't want to read that every once in a while!?
So much love for this series <3

chloester's review

I've read many low reviews by adults/parents for this book because of the message it conveys to young adults, especially young adult couples. They think the book is saying that it is okay to marry and have babies at a young age, fresh out of high school, and that everything will be handed to you on a plate when things get tough. No, that is completely missing the point.

As a sort-of-young adult myself, I can't say that the message is telling me any of that. I read it strictly for entertainment, and understand that the choices Bella makes are tied to her character and in no way reflects anything about what society should do or think. What about when Bella finally becomes a vampire, and the exhilaration I feel along with hers as she makes her first jump? It is a fantasy book, and I was able to completely immerse myself in the world that Stephenie Meyer created. I am not concerned about the message, perhaps because I'm not a parent yet, but it is a YA fantasy fiction book, and should be treated as such.

33p3barpercent's review

I graded this one lower because of the total cop-out ending. Everyone's gearing up for a vampire war, but then they TALK OUT THEIR DIFFERENCES? Come ON!

kimberly_perdomo's review against another edition

margsvdv's review against another edition

challenging mysterious medium-paced

cr6zym0nkeyiz's review

i was a little disappointed with breaking dawn but i still loved it all the same. well except with this books i had many many parts i did not like and it would take forever for me to type what they all are so yup. but i did love the wedding and honeymoon. very cute. XD

melc1996's review

This book is by far the best in the series.

Loved the different sections within the book (e.g Bella and Jacob's point of view). The book is much better with Jacob and Bella being friends instead of the whole 'You love Me, you know you do, your just not admitting it' crap.

Preferred Edward much better in this book as well, he's no longer the creepy stalker, possessive guy. With Bella becoming a vampire I feel as though Edward is much more open with her.

I will say the plot with the Volturi was anti climatic. Definitely preferred that scene in the film, much more action.