The Chaos of Standing Still, by Jessica Brody

carolin007's review

I hoped to like it more but I just feel like something was missing.
At the beginning I did enjoy reading it and read the first 100 pages in a short amount of time but then I could not bring myself to continue it until now and I can't say that it could capture my attention till the last 50-100 pages of the book.

In addition to that I had a hard time connecting with Ryn and I know she was grieving and it was devastating for her but I know what grief feels like and don't relate. On the other hand everybody has a different way of dealing with loss and that 's completely fine.

All in all it wasn't the best book for me however I enjoyed parts of the book and it wasn't all bad because I was fond of Muppet Guy and their meetings.

quoththeravenclaw's review

I slumped hard while reading this book, so it took me forever to finish. However, I don't think it's this book's fault. I quite enjoyed it, even if maybe I wasn't as much in the mood for a contemporary as I thought I was.

I enjoyed the protagonist's journey in this book. Grief is something that is hard to tackle, and when it is, I rarely see characters mourning the untimely death of a friend their age.

The only thing that I didn't love was that the main character was in therapy, but I'm not sure that the portrayal was as positive as it could have been.

clairemarquis's review

Honestly this book ticked all my boxes. It was dramatic, awkward, cute and very funny. Loved it!

kassiopeia's review

DNF

The book felt extremely long and boring for me. I didn’t really care about Xander and the other side characters kinda annoyed me at times. I did enjoy our main character Ryn and Lottie and the way We would see little flashbacks of Lottie and who she was.

trulyness's review

An okayish read.

_rachelreads_'s review

I was so intrigued by this book and yet ended up disappointed. Jessica Brody's story about Ryn Gilbert, who spends a day trapped in the Denver airport on the anniversary of her best friend's death in a drunk driver accident, felt too pat and too long. This just didn't emotionally resonate with me .

delprenr's review

Very quick read, but ultimately forgettable.

rellaviir's review

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this.
I loved it!! Our main character is struggling with her best friend dying a year ago. And while the 1 year anniversary is coming up, we follow Ryn, who is stuck at DIA during a blizzard.
I loved following her and watching her cope. It is a sad, but very happy story at the same time. I highly recommend this read!!

nuifebrianti's review

This is good. Fun. Sad. Exciting. And such an enjoyable read.
I loved the writing style. I liked Ryn's voice. And I adored Xander, Siri, Lottie.

megmin's review