jaminnj's review against another edition

This was not my favorite.. very typical.. rah rah rah Christian living.. and this is how I manage it all.. with some Bible Verses thrown in. I truly want more for Christian women to be inspired by. It took me nearly all year to read it. Pleasant in tone is the most positive thing I can say and thoroughly Candace's personality. Of course, perhaps because I have been married for 25 years and have seven children.. there just wasn't much new information for me.

kdonohue023's review against another edition

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! I didn’t expect Candace to be so open about her faith but she was and she shared it in a thoughtful way.

vickireadsalot's review against another edition

An encouraging read for all moms. Even though my life circumstances are different from the author's, I was encouraged in my journey for more balance. A good read!

heatherday916's review against another edition

Fantastic book. I think I'm going to buy a copy to read whenever I need some positive energy. I really enjoyed the tone of this book - instructional and motivational without being lectured to. I'm grateful for whatever spiritual push it was that caused me to pick this book up at the library. So much of this book spoke directly to me.

bibliophiledana's review

hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

tsukikomew's review against another edition

Utterly ridiculous and a waste of time.

rebeccatc's review against another edition

I picked this book up as a daily deal one day for my Kindle. I was expecting a typical self-help organizing book with checklists, anecdotes and maybe a few recipes thrown in. Instead it was a very thoughtful and philosophical discussion of what life's priorities should be and how, when you properly prioritize, everything falls into place. It was also partly autobiographical which I found interesting since Candace was a Hollywood child star who now is atypically grounded, conservative and family oriented. She relies heavily on biblical principles and even has very specific bible citations to support her approach. She does this without a heavy hand and with an understanding that her readers may all live very different and diverse lifestyles. I've followed her on social media for a while and always found her to be likable and I thought her book was enjoyable and promoted a healthy lifestyle in all ways -- physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.

sara_summers's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this book. I was a bit surprised that it was so very religious but of course that is my fault for not reading it more, just grabbed the book and said let's do this! I feel like she did jump all over the place in it. I didn't feel that it read completely smoothly but to some point I did enjoy that. It's great to read something so different than what I tend to read.

mary_r_m's review against another edition

This offered some interesting food for thought on how to balance the daily things in life, from career, family and faith.

bxermom's review against another edition

Hmmm. Love her brother. Like her. Expected the religious talk and got it. Not possible in my opinion to balance it all. Something or someone always gets a little less.