Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

lebagelmystique's review against another edition

adventurous dark tense fast-paced

miamiamiau's review against another edition

adventurous emotional hopeful tense fast-paced

melissaslibraryy's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious sad tense fast-paced

dragonsoup's review against another edition

maybe i am no better than the capitol bc i too am overly invested in everlark

annaarnebjarne's review against another edition

My parents. Its a little boring at first but Then when you get to the game im In. PEETA and KATNISS have my heart i Love Them so much

xrosieex's review against another edition

It has taken me way longer than I thought it would to read the hunger games and now that I finally have I see what all the hype is about. Omg these books are so well written and the story is so good and easy to follow I’m racing through them now and I can’t wait to finish ahhh

taque's review against another edition

Katniss comes across as such a stupid character. Literally, she doesn't pick up on anything.

winterbaas's review against another edition

Het einde! _O_

sarahrara's review against another edition

Comment specifically for Kindle edition: I wish it would show me how long/how many percent left until the actual book is finished, because I was once again taken by surprise as the last 8% of the book was actually the beginning of the next one.

Now about the actual book: it was again a real page turner and had me hooked till the last minute. Featuring a plot twist I didn't see coming (but admittedly I rarely do).

The love triangle stuff bothers me a little, partly because it's old hat and partly because I just don't care. But then again I'm 34 and hardly the target audience for this story. I'm sure it goes over better with the teens.

I was impatient for Katniss to rise to the challenge, to become the hero Panem needed, to do the right thing and fight the good fight. But in the end I think the fact that it happens almost unwittingly makes her a more believable character. She's a teenage girl, she's not a Marvel superhero. She's human. She's flawed. Sometimes she'll make selfless choices, sometimes she'll be most concerned with herself and her family. Who wouldn't be? She makes mistakes. We all do. This makes her easier to identify with. I think Collins does a good job of portraying her as a real person, a real teenage girl with the hopes, fears and missteps that we all must have.

There is grief, there is anger and injustice. But also so much spirit, loyalty, kindness, love. In brief: humanity.

Needless to say I am now well into Mockingjay.

arianadean's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional tense fast-paced