Legendborn, by Tracy Deonn

happythai's review

adventurous challenging dark funny mysterious reflective fast-paced

ambertd's review

Dnf at ~45%

vcamp's review

It’s 2AM and I just spent more than nine hours straight listening to the audiobook in basically one sitting I don’t even know who I am right now but this is just addicting

sunlit_music's review

The world building and characterisation in this book us incredible. Bree Matthews is one of my most favourite characters of all time. She's brave, vulnerable and loving, and multi layered. I loved the references to Arthurian literature and how the author tenderly handled grief and loss, and bereavement.

tameka's review

I liked the characters and story. The premise is ambitious. The author tried to do too much in this one book. It is a longer book and already a lot was covered however, it still felt convoluted.
The ending deflated my interest. I know that this is suppose to be a trilogy or something. Still, I don't like that authors will put out incomplete stories to lure you into buying three or more books.
The writing was good but the execution was not great. It was too long and got repetitive at times.

I was sad to see Bree ditch her childhood friend to go with the secret society. Her wanting to find out the connection between her mother and the secret society was enthralling.
It does slow down at the 60% percent mark and the ending was underwhelming and forgettable. I was good enough that I am interested in continuing with this series.

literallymya's review

Reading this was akin to like, reading the Hunger Games for the first time. Amazing stuff. So pumped for the next one.

a_robin_reads's review against another edition

adventurous emotional mysterious medium-paced

mzpolarbear's review

A beautiful story! It takes the Arthurian Legend and adds a unique and magical twist. This book also looks at love, loss, grief, and how those are all intertwined and connected to make us who we are today. Our family history, our origins, our strength, and history all coming together. This book also digs into the inherent racism and patriarchy that exists today, especially in the south.

justmereadinghere's review

The love triangle was very Rhysand-Feyre-Tamlin; there wasn't any major difference between Sed and Nick (however I do prefer Nick because Sed gives me Mal vibes and in this house we do not stan Mal).

prettyplane's review