Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen

misssassyavocado's review against another edition

3/5🌶

liiaan's review

emotional lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

mulang's review

it was alright lol
there was no plot or tension or really any big conflict at all. a bit boring but still alright.

tho the good guy hero was a refreshing change for me and so was the fact that the h was the one who took lead and initiated alot of the sexy times. I dont think theres enough of that in romance books tbh.

birdabouttown's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

High school loves that reconnect in their 20s. Love this hockey club world

caseroo7's review

Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen's, and at this point I don't even question whether or not I will read whatever she releases. But I have to say that with the last few books of hers, I honestly believe that each story is just as good if not better than the last. That is absolutely the case with Rookie Move. This book was fantastic! I could not put it down, and it was just such a great story.

Leo Trevi and Georgia Worthington thought that they would spend their lives together forever, until a horrible event changed everything for them. Georgia made it clear that she needed space, and Leo was left with no other option than to walk away. But Leo and Georgia never forgot about one another, or were able to fully move on. Now Georgia has the chance of a lifetime when it comes to furthering her career and she just needs everything to go perfect starting with her first solo press conference. But Georgia finds out shortly before that not only are the Brooklyn Bruisers getting a new coach (her father) but that they are also getting a new player (her ex)! Leo isn't about to let Georgia go for a second time, but can he convince her that they belong together?

I absolutely loved these characters. I felt so invested in them right away, and I couldn't get enough of them together. They had so much history and I really felt so emotional about all they had been through. My heart broke for the awful things they had endured, but I could tell just how much they meant to one another. Despite everything, their connection and chemistry were stronger than ever here. It was clear that nothing had changed their feelings for one another and their love and bond was unbreakable. I was so glad that Leo didn't let Georgia push him away again. He gave her space when she needed it, but he was determined and it was great seeing him never give up.

Overall, I honestly cannot say enough great things about this book. It was just such a great story that seemed perfectly written for me as a reader. The characters were everything that we read romance novels for, the story was solid and captivating filled with depth and emotion. The secondary characters here were just as interesting as Leo and Georgia and left the reader anxious for more. Sarina Bowen really hit it out of the park with this book and I honestly cannot wait for more in this series. I highly recommend this story and if you are looking for a great all around story, look no further than Sarina Bowen.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

katjlars's review against another edition

emotional hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

kkundell's review

readfrenzy's review against another edition

2.5 stars

I love Sarina Bowen’s work and was super excited to learn she was releasing a new sports romance series. I had high expectations for Rookie Move. Unfortunately, this one was a bit of a letdown for me.

The outline of the plot is intriguing, but there’s just not enough meat to the story. You realize early on that the heartache the main characters experience as adults is a result of their immaturity as teenagers. It’s completely understandable. Most young adults lack the skills needed to properly communicate.

However, there’s a repetitiveness to the storytelling, including continual re-hashing of feelings and past events. Georgia and Leo are likeable characters. The book felt long to me though, and eventually I lost interest in their romance.

On the plus side, there’s an assembly of fun supporting characters. The interactions among the teammates and Brooklyn Bruiser employees, Georgia’s close friendship with her roommate, and the firsthand look at the inner workings of a major sports franchise are particularly enjoyable.

While this book failed to meet my expectations overall, I’m intrigued enough in the other characters to give the next book in the series a shot.

Reading Frenzy Book Blog

ameenah_94's review against another edition

I was going to write a whole review about how bad this book is.
But I think I’d bore myself even more than I already am if I recapped this uninspiring, lacklustre… can I even call it a romance?

bespectacowled's review