Catastrophe Queen, by Emma Hart

amanda_lee's review against another edition

OMG this book was hysterical. I laughed out loud so many times. Mallory really is the catastrophe queen. Naturally she meets Cameron in an embarrassing manner. The banter between the two of them is hilarious, they work so well together and have great chemistry. This is my favourite book from Emma Hart so far, I can't recommend it enough.

excusemewhileiread's review against another edition

I kinda loves this.

This was a very cute light weight book. Perfect for decompressing after a very dramatic book.

roguewonder's review against another edition

3/5

- very standard Emma hart
- short and sweet

bookaholicmommy's review against another edition

Fun, light read although I wish there was something more in the ending. I felt that their story isn't complete yet.

fryemomma05's review against another edition

Catastrophe Queen was anything but a Catastrophe! It was a fun filled quirky read that had me laughing till tears were running down my face! Emma Hart is a genius author! I cant wait to see what she gives us next!

mydarlingbookz's review

3.5 star!!

A very hilarious sweet slowish burn read!! My 2nd book by emma and this one was good.. i enjoyed reading it!!
 Lets start off with Mallory.. girl is a walking klutz like big time but i enjoyed her sassyness and quirky attitude plus her relationship with her family..(dying at them) plus she owned up to her kutzyness when it happened. And well that's how she met Cameron she almost got hit by him with his car.. but he got another funny moment.. Mallory flamingo panties ;) talk about a first meeting.. ahh Cameron he is a funny, charming guy who you just love.. he isn't a manwhore and his banter with Mal was funny.. i also enjoyed them not rushing into dating they teased, became friends and flirted before dating..

I wish there was atad more sex in this book.. 🤷‍♀️

No ow/om drama, no cheating, secondary chara, sexy time (little sex) not a manwhore and not a virgin

Slowish-insta-burn
Hea
Epilogue

bookcaseandcoffee's review

De-café review of Catastrophe Queen by Emma Hart

**What is a de-café review** It is a quick snapshot review of a book. Nothing to in depth just the light basics of the story and I think it is worth reading. ****

Hot Damn Emma Hart you make me giggle out loud while listening/reading your books. I was looking for something fun and flirty to listen to while I do my daily walk on the treadmill. I wanted something easy to help pass the time while I walked to nowhere. Boy did you deliver.
Meet the Characters:
Mallory is one sassy, sarcastic and slightly klutzy.
Cameron- real estate broker, slightly a mama’s boy and not so klutzy
From Pink Flamingo underwear in the street at their Meet Cute to the contestant spilled coffee this book will keep you laughing. Throw in a sassy mouth Great Aunt and a grumpy grandpa just to keep you guessing what is next. Emma Hart has a way of writing her character that keeps you engaged completely. You will start this book and not be able to put it down. Do yourself a favor while reading this don’t drink a hot cup off coffee, than you would be like me and end up spraying it out in style.

jm_bibliolater's review

I am a big Emma Hart fan. Her books just make me laugh and laugh, probably because I too speak sarcasm.

Catastrophe Queen, however, is not my favorite. Mostly because it involves insta-love and I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Besides that, Catastrophe Queen is hilariously funny. Both Mallory and Cameron are likable. Both have crazy families. And it is technically an office romance which is a troupe I like.

For fans waiting a light, fun read - this one is for you.

anovelglimpse's review

Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Catastrophe Queen was a breath of fresh air. Everything about it was amusing and delightful. Mallory was an accident waiting to happen. The things that she did or happened to her were hilarious. Her attitude about it all cracked me up. I loved that Cameron wasn’t put off by her ability to make an easy task a hazardous one. The way he embraced her chaos (professionally and personally) was sweet.

Heck, the entire story was sweet. Mallory and Cameron’s relationship had a natural progression to it. I adored them together. There wasn’t any over the top drama — unless you count Mallory’s catastrophes or her crazy relatives. I appreciated that. I didn’t have to worry about a huge problem between the characters. It was simply a fun, romantic read.

I mentioned Mallory’s relatives so I need to talk more about them. Her family was hilarious. I loved her freaky mom and quiet dad. I adored her crazy great-aunt and argumentative grandpa. They were so much fun! Mallory wasn’t the only one with relatives who stood out either. Cameron’s mother was just as meddlesome. I loved them all. The book would have been missing something big without them all.

Catastrophe Queen was simply an entertaining love story. I can imagine as a romantic comedy movie. It was that much fun to read.